What’s your favorite viral video or television commercial? Why is it so memorable? Chances are good it stays in your mind thanks to good storytelling, using the elements of strong emotion, surprise, or even fear to stop you right in your tracks and make you pay attention—then share it with your friends. Unfortunately, in the vast world of content marketing, creators sometimes forget to put the art of telling good stories front and center. Most commercials you see these days have interesting visuals and audio but lack a clear and distinct main idea. To produce effective video, you have to stay true to your central story. After that, everything else becomes secondary but still contributes to communicating one idea.
Making your content stand out from the crowd is a challenge, but we’re here to help. Here are the top five elements of an impactful marketing video:
- Understand your video’s purpose
- Know the goals of the video.
- Have a target audience in mind and speak to them directly.
- Use effective, concise messaging
- Keep the video short and to the point.
- Only include content that pushes your story forward.
- Relate to your audience
- Know the reaction you want to create in your viewer.
- How do you want them to feel? What do you want them to think?
- Move your story along by using music and sound effects
- Having engaging music that matches the mood of your story is important when relating to your audience.
- Using natural audio and sound effects helps put viewers in the middle of your narrative.
- Use intentional visuals
- Plan out your visuals and make sure they help explain or enhance the messaging in your video.
- A well-thought-out graphic or visual element can help explain complex topics.
Incorporating these elements will help elevate your content. Your goal? Be more consistently impactful, and engaging to your audience. There is more content online than ever, and using these tips will help you stand out.
For more information: