HOW (AND WHY) TO PERSONALIZE YOUR B2B EMAIL MARKETING
When you personalize elements of your marketing emails like the subject line and email content, you’re speaking directly to your subscriber. And if you’re using more advanced personalization information like location or past purchases, you’ve successfully created a relevant experience
In a study by Experian, personalized subject lines boosted open rates by 29.3% across industries. Travel and consumer products saw the biggest lifts, with increased open rates of 40.8% and 41.8%, respectively.
Email marketers understand the need to segment their lists so the personalized elements are logically matched up with customers' actions and desires. Segmentation involves strategically categorizing subscribers into groups—or segments—best-suited to particular needs and interests.
Determining segments means collecting and using data. Segmentation in B2B markets can, of course, be very different than in B2C markets. B2B marketers should consider using content to determine segmentation: What content did a particular subscriber visit on your site? What materials did they download? These decisions can say a lot about a subscriber’s needs, interests, and place in a sales cycle. B2B marketers should also consider segmenting subscribers by industry, job title/role, and geography.
- Personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%. – Aberdeen
- 74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement. – eConsultancy
- Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened. – Campaign Monitor
- 68% of Americans say they base their decision to open an email on the ‘From’ name. – Campaign Monitor
- Personalized emails deliver 6x higher transaction rates. – Experian
- 53% of marketers say ongoing, personalized communication with existing customers results in moderate to significant revenue impact. – DemandGen
- Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue. – DMA
- 75% of enterprises will be investing in personalized messaging in 2015. –VentureBeat
- Over 75% of email revenue is generated by triggered campaigns, rather than one-size-fits-all campaigns.
- Marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns. – Campaign Monitor
- Marketers see an average increase of 20% in sales when using personalized web experiences. – Monetate
- 50% of companies feel they can increase interaction within email by increasing personalization. – Experian
- Personalized… emails had 29% higher unique open rates and 41% more unique click-through rates in 2013. – Experian
For more information about how to develop an effective email marketing campaign, check out these posts:
For more (like our marketing playbook, below) and insights to help you get the most from your digital marketing efforts, visit our blog. Or feel free to contact us.