Alan Brawn calls into the show today to discuss some key elements of Digital Signage in the industry as well as highlights a new/old Display technology: Direct View LED.
The power of marketing with video content has been well documented. In B2B marketing, popular uses for video marketing include:
- Customer testimonial video
- 3D product videos
- Videos demonstrating how products are made
- Animated explainer videos
- Tradeshow and live event video content
- Employee interviews and company history videos
Now I am a content marketer, by action if not job title. I get to put content marketing into action because I’ve been given the room to shape my own role and our companies’ marketing path… What helps to ease that challenge is our leadership is supportive and onboard. I couldn’t ask for more from them. I have the green light and their patience to keep letting this evolve. We all are thinking long term.
Market-Tech Writing: The Rising Values-Based B2B Branding Requires New Forms of Content Writing
While 88% of B2B marketers currently incorporate content marketing strategies, 60% say they struggle to create “engaging content.” In other words, the rise in content marketing has not necessarily meant a rise in content that actually engages audiences. Where’s the disconnect?
For Ann Handley of Marketing Profs, the challenge of creating engaging content reflects fundamental challenges in the quality of content writing. While 72% of B2B Marketers want to focus on creating engaging content, Handley notes that only 41% express interest in improving their storytelling skills. And only 19% are focused on becoming stronger writers. Hadley argues that the tendency to "undervalue writing" and storytelling in the content process “is why we have a tough time creating 'engaging content'—and why that has consistently been a top challenge in the past six years.”
"When you plant a fertile meme in my mind you literally parasitize my brain, turning it into a vehicle for the meme's propagation in just the way that a virus may parasitize the genetic mechanism of a host cell.”--Richard Dawkins, The Selfish Gene
- A cultural item that is transmitted by repetition and replication in a manner analogous to the biologocal transmission of genes.
- A cultural item in the form of an image, video, phrase, etc., that is spread vie the internet and often altered in a creative or humorous way.
The word “meme” was invented about 40 years ago by evolutionary theorist Richard Dawkins. Dawkins coined the term in his controversial 1976 book, The Selfish Gene. The book is famous. The word “meme” is even more famous.
MEETING THE CHALLENGES OF MARKETING MEDICAL DEVICES
According to a 2016 survey by HiMSS Media, an overwhelming 74% of healthcare marketers plan to develop a lot more content:
Need Content? How to Choose a B2B Marketing Firm that Creates Content
As with any major business decision, when it comes to choosing a marketing agency, you will find endless advice. And, as with much advice, the guidance provided tends to reflect the priorities of the one giving it. So, in the interest of full disclosure, as Content Director at an agency that focuses on actually producing content for clients—not all agencies create content—I tend to see quality content creation as the central consideration.
Digital Marketing: Lots of Work!
This much is certain: The digital marketing landscape continues to evolve at a pace that far exceeds the bandwidth of a single in-house marketing manager—or even a small, in-house team. To maintain a competitive digital presence, marketers must collect and monitor data and analytics across multiple channels, track the performance of a range of content forms aimed at multiple target audiences along multiple stages of the sales cycle. And this is just the beginning...
Act Naturally--Or at Least Don't Act Unnaturally!
Common marketing wisdom holds that brand authenticity plays a key role in growing business. According to Kissmetrics, authenticity brings the following benefits:
- It elevates your business above the competition
- It builds your identity and image into something influential
- It gives substance to your business, services and products
- It enables people to relate to your business
- It helps people understand how what you offer is of benefit to them
- It tells people that what you offer is of high quality
- It marks you out as a reliable, trustworthy company
- It encourages engagement and can turn audiences into advocates
What to Do with All that Marketing Data!