18 Statistics that prove why blogging remains the core element of effective B2B marketing
It’s one thing to see blog growth, but what matters the most is the impact that blogging has on your marketing results. And blogs do not disappoint in that area either.
In the B2B Content Marketing: 2017 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends – North America report by Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs, blogs were named the #1 most important tactic for B2B content marketing success in 2017. In fact, they were considered by marketers to be of even greater value than email newsletters, social media, white papers, webinars, and more.B2B Content Marketing Report In Demand Gen Report’s 2016 Content Preferences Survey, 66 percent of those surveyed used blogs to make B2B purchase decisions.
Among its wealth of blogging statistics, HubSpot states that business websites with a blog have 434 percent more pages indexed in the major search engines than those without a blog. Hubspot also reports that B2B marketers using blogs generate 67 percent more leads than those that do not blog, and that marketers who have prioritized blogging are 13X more likely to achieve a positive ROI. Here's a full list of the stats:
- Websites with a blog tend to have 434% more indexed pages. (Source)
- B2B marketers that use blogs get 67% more leads than those that do not. (Source)
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts. (Source)
- Companies who blog receive 97% more links to their website. (Source)
- 70-80% of users ignore paid ads and only focus on organic results. (Source)
- Blogs have been rated as the 5th most trusted source for accurate online information. (Source)
- 81% of US online consumers trust information and advice from blogs. (Source)
- 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog. (Source)
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog. (Source)
- 37% of marketers say blogs are the most valuable type of content marketing. (Source)
- Once you write 21-54 blog posts, blog traffic generation increases by up to 30%. (Source)
- Businesses that blog ≥ 20 times/month get 5x more traffic than those who blog ≤ 4 times/month. (Source)
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog. (Source)
- Article posting (79%) and social media excluding blogs (74%) are the most popular tactics for B2B content marketers. (Source)
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful, 78% believe that companies behind content are interested in building good relationships. (Source)
- Two out of three people read blogs at least several times a week. 45% have reached out to a blogger to inquire about a product when considering a purchase, and 84% buy products based on the content they find on blogs. (Source)
- More than three-quarters of companies that have a blog report a positive ROI for inbound marketing, and 79% of best-in-class marketers rank blogs as the most effective marketing tactic. (Source)
- Blog posts continue to drive traffic and generate impressions up to 700 days after they go live. (Source)
Value of Blogging: The benefits of blogging are multifaceted. Blogging is an effective way to get in front of your target audience, and it’s also a valuable vehicle for enhancing your organic search rankings, driving traffic, differentiating your brand, deepening engagement, establishing thought leadership, spurring social shares, giving your brand a personality, and of course increasing leads.